Monday, August 22, 2011

A day at 2011 CNE

Imag0025

Yesterday, Sunday August 21, I spent the day at Canadian National Exhibition (CNE). It was a fun but tiring day of lots of walking. My legs are sore from all the walking.

Toronto blocks off several street blocks in downtown Toronto just off Lake Shore Drive. I don't think it covered as much area as Disney's Magic Kingdom, but its still big.

Unlike Disney, there's no tram service from parking to the gate. We had a half to 3/4 mile walk from where we had to park to the gate. They did have a tram that circled around the main areas of the exhibit, but we walked another half mile or more to get to the nearest tram stop from where ever we were.

The CNE had two midways, one kiddies and another for teens and adults. There were multiple stages around CNE for different shows, concerts, etc. The catch with the shows, depending on which ones you want to watch, the stages may be on opposite ends of the CNE area.

All the concessions were cash only, so either you need to carry a far amount of cash, or keep hitting one of the ATM around the CNE area.

As for preparation for the trip to CNE, I bought discounted tickets on the CNE web site http://theex.com. I found out at the gate that the all day ride tickets included admission, but weeks before I bought the ride tickets I had already bought admission only ticket, two of which I didn't need. Ticket bought online are not refundable.

Our equivalent of the CNE would be a state fair.

Dwight A. Hunt, Sr. A+, MCP
Facebook and Twitter: dahuntsr
Blog: http://audio-book-addict.posterous.com
OR http://dahuntsr.posterous.com

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment