Thursday, April 19, 2012

What’s on Your iPad – with Khürt Williams

via iPad Insight by Patrick Jordan on 4/18/12

iPad home screen

It’s time for another What’s on Your iPad post. I’m enjoying the heck out of these posts – partly because I just love seeing how others get the most out of their iPad and also because they’re a great source of ideas.

Today I’m happy to have Khürt Williams as our subject. Here’s a little bio information on Khürt:

Khürt L. Williams is husband, a father, a certified information system security professional, web developer, blogger and photographer who lives and works in the Princeton area.  On his tech blog, Island in the Net, he writes about Apple related tips and tricks and software and hardware reviews.  He currently serves as President to the Princeton MacIntosh Users’ Group.  You can often find him sitting with his iPad sipping espresso in one of Princeton’s many cafés.

Here are ’s Khürt’s answers – questions are in italics with a grey background, Khürt’s answers are in regular text:

Which iPad model do you use? (original or iPad 2, WiFi or WiFi + 3G, storage size) Any particular reasons for choosing this model?

I recently bought a 32GB 3rd generation Wi-Fi only iPad.  My son is inheriting my 16GB Wi-Fi iPad 2 for his thirteenth birthday.  I bought the 32GB model because I realized I couldn’t install the last iOS update because I had run out of space on the 16GB iPad 2 and I read that the retina enabled iPad apps were larger.  There are so many Xfinity and AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots in my area that I am rarely without access to the Internet.  For the time when I am I use the hotspot feature on my iPhone 4.

Do you use any sort of case with the iPad? If so, which one/s and why?

I’ve only ever bought one iPad case and that was for the original iPad.  It fell apart after about six months of use and I never bought a replacement.  I think Apple’s devices look better naked. I do have a skin to protect the back from scratches.  I don’t use screen protectors.

(...)
Read the rest of What’s on Your iPad – with Khürt Williams (754 words)


© patrickj for iPad Insight, 2012. | Permalink | One comment | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment