Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Fix for ‘Cannot Connect to iTunes Store’ Errors on iPad

via iPad Insight by Patrick Jordan on 5/23/12

Cannot Connect to iTunes Store

This morning I encountered an issue I’d never had before on any of my iPads, or iPhones for that matter: I was unable to install updates or new apps on my iPad.  In researching a solution this morning I saw that a number of other users have had this and similar issues, so I thought I’d share my experience and the ultimate solution to the issue that worked for me.

The Problem and Initial Troubleshooting Steps:

When I tapped to update an app, the app’s icon text changed to showing ‘Waiting’ and then sat there doing nothing for 15 minutes and more. It never got past that status. After 15-20 minutes an error dialog finally popped up – the one shown in the screenshot above, saying ‘Cannot connect to iTunes Store’. I tried several different apps that needed updates – and got the same result with each one.

I was on my home WiFi network with a solid connection – Mail app was sending and receiving just fine, Safari was happily loading web pages, and the App Store was opening and loading all its pages just fine as well. So there was no connectivity issue.

(...)
Read the rest of A Fix for ‘Cannot Connect to iTunes Store’ Errors on iPad (575 words)


© patrickj for iPad Insight, 2012. | Permalink | 5 comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment