Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ever Wonder How an iCloud Restore of 25GB of iPad Apps Might Go? Just Great

via iPad Insight by Patrick Jordan on 9/17/12

iCloud Restore on iPad

I haven’t been the biggest fan of iCloud. I have never felt like I fully trust it, and have chosen to use Dropbox instead of or in addition to iCloud when dealing with settings for apps data sync and similar subjects. Until yesterday that is; now my view of iCloud has changed quite a bit.

Yesterday I decided to put iCloud Backup & Restore to the test on my iPad, and I am hugely impressed with the results. I had been planning to install the iOS 6 GM on my iPad for several days and finally got round to it yesterday. I knew that I could not update to this developer build so I would have to do a restore to get it installed.

I’ve been using iCloud backup for some time now, but I was worried about the sheer quantity of apps and apps data on my iPad when it comes time to do a restore. Even after a major apps trimming session I was still at 207 apps and right around 25GB used by them.

Space used on iPad

(...)
Read the rest of Ever Wonder How an iCloud Restore of 25GB of iPad Apps Might Go? Just Great (569 words)


© patrickj for iPad Insight, 2012. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment