Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cheaper than Dirt’s top selling gun

via Gun Nuts Media by Caleb on 7/12/12

Is a $175 Chinese knock-off of the Remington 870.  When you think about it, that makes perfect sense. What gun has the same mystique as a pump-action shotgun?  Decades of movies and TV plus thousands of gun store commandos have solidified the belief that a pump gun is the best choice for home defense, bar none.  I don’t necessarily agree, despite the fact that I do love a good pump gun; but people still want them.  For $175, I completely understand why CTD can barely keep these guns in stock.

image

But does that mean that a pump shotgun is your best option for home defense?  I don’t think so. I will concede that a 12 gauge shotgun is the most destructive weapon you could chose, and a load of 00 buck has proven for over 100 years to be extremely effective at putting bad men in the dirt.  However, for home defense I would honestly have a good pistol.  I conceptually like having a free hand to do things like open doors, run a light that isn’t on my gun, etc. 

But that comes down to personal taste.  I actually am intrigued by the $175 Norinco shotgun, because Norinco has actually made some pretty decent shotguns in the past.  For 175 bucks, I would be tempted to buy one amd flog it around to see how it holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment