Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What’s on Your iPad: Marianne Schultz

via iPad Insight by Patrick Jordan on 7/18/12

Marianne Schultz iPad home screen

What’s on Your iPad? A simple question but one that leads to some fascinating answers. This is another installment of our now-regular series of What’s on Your iPad posts. I enjoy these a lot because I love seeing how people put their iPads to use – and I find them a great resource for discovering new apps.

Providing answers today is Marianne Schultz. I first got to know Marianne at my favorite iPhone and Apple forum, everythingiCafe, and I’ve followed and enjoyed her excellent writing at her own site and around the web for years now. I’m glad  to have become online friends with Marianne over these years and very happy to have her taking part in the What’s on Your iPad series. Here’s a little more bio information on her:

Marianne Schultz is an Editor at AppShopper.com and MacRumors.com and also co-hosts the everythingiCafe.com iPhone and iPad podcast. She lives and breathes Apple products and has owned every iPhone and iPad released to date.

Here are Marianne’s answers – questions are in regular text, Marianne’s answers are in block quotes:

Which iPad model do you use? (original or iPad 2, WiFi or WiFi + 3G, storage size) Any particular reasons for choosing this model?

I currently have a 16GB WiFi third-generation iPad, which I tether to my iPhone 4S if I happen to be at a location where there’s no Wi-Fi. When I placed my order for the new iPad on the day it was announced, I reasoned that I rarely travel and really just used my iPad around the house to read ebooks, which was the case with the first- and second-generation iPads I owned. However, in retrospect, I wish I’d gone for more storage since I’ve had to limit the apps and videos I put on this iPad. Next time I’m going for a 64GB iPad again.

Do you use any sort of case with the iPad? If so, which one/s and why?

I have two cases that I switch between: a Vaja Libretto case and the Morris Lessmore Dodocase. I use the Vaja mostly around the house since it has the best stand options for the way I use my iPad the most. When I travel, I use the Dodocase since it offers more protection and camouflages my iPad a bit, making it look like a book from afar.

(...)
Read the rest of What’s on Your iPad: Marianne Schultz (1,086 words)


© patrickj for iPad Insight, 2012. | Permalink | 4 comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment