Monday, June 25, 2012

Concealed Carry Fashion Report: Summer 2012

via Gun Nuts Media by Shelley Rae on 6/20/12

You know what I love about all the summer fashion articles I’ve come across? The word “flowy”.

I don’t think “flowy” is a word and neither does the WordPress spell checker but “flowy fabrics” are apparently in. Which is good news for those of us who like to keep our gun handy.

This Cross-Over Pleated Shell Top (Express, $39.90) is one of my favorite pieces from the 2012 summer collections. It’s loose and has pleats which will easily conceal a firearm.

Loose fitting fabrics do well to keep us a cool in the hot sun but also act a great drape to carry your gun wherever it’s most comfortable and most easy to conceal for you. While a shirt with a “flowy” bottom may make it easy to hip or appendix carry the same can be said for a loose dress, if we just remember Packing Pretty’s tip from earlier this year.

The light colors that seem to be surging in popularity this year – mints, pastel blues, etc. have me a little floored. They’re not really in tune with my personal style, but they also make it a little more difficult to carry without printing. Luckily that’s easy to fix with the application of pattern, busier clothing is less likely to print. By wearing a patterned and/or “flowy” shirt that has one of these pastel colors in it, then matching it with a light pair of pants/shorts and accessories in your chosen pastel it’s possible to rock colors like mint (I may not wear it but I do adore mint) while keeping your gun tucked away.

When hitting the beach it’s always best to go boho as the bright patterned, loose fitting shirts make the most common carry styles easy to pull off. Personally, I try to wear a pair of flats rather than flip flops, a habit developed due to rocky northwest beaches but not a bad idea from a safety/self-defense/prepper/however you want to self-identify standpoint. Just remember that you can’t leave your gun lying on a beach towel if you decide to take a dip, if I know I’m going to be water bound I tend to stick with the pepper spray and pocket knife that are easily transferred to my bag and back to my person as soon as I’m out of the water. I also make sure I have friends with me if I’m swimming at a public beach. Large, armed friends are my favorite.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment