Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gun Nuts Q&A

via Gun Nuts Media by Caleb on 6/25/12

Clearing out the mailbag from over the weekend, and I’ve noticed a recurring trend of questions that have been popping up in email over the last few weeks, so we’re going to do a little housecleaning today and get some of the most recent batch of questions answered all at once!

Q: Why revolver division again? Didn’t you already do that? Why not CDP, especially since you finished 4th at Indoor Nats?
A: Yes, I did – for quite some time, in fact. And it’s still the most fun I’ve ever had with a gun in competition shooting. Taking a six shot gun and shooting games that are largely designed around 10-shot guns takes strategy, planning, and determination. As far as why not CDP, the round count I was sustaining was battering my left elbow, which lead to a pretty severe case of tendinitis.

Q: I noticed you haven’t posted a match video since Bianchi Cup, have you not been shooting as much?
A: Actually, since Bianchi Cup, I’ve only been to the range once. So as a result, my youtube channel took a bit of a hit. This is because of two things, the first of which is the aforementioned injury. Shooting was only aggravating that injury, and I needed to take time off to heal and recover. Secondly, I’d started to burn out pretty hardcore, so taking some time off to heal a physical injury also allowed me to recharge mentally as well.

Q: What happened to the Steel Cased Ammo Test?
A: I shot 10,000 rounds through a Glock and realized that I’d have to shoot another million before it started to damage the gun. Honestly, it was such a non-issue that the next time someone tells you steel cased ammo will jack up their Glock, just laugh and walk away.

Q: Weren’t you doing something with .410 ballistics?
A: We are! It’s going to be published on a different outlet than Gun Nuts, though.

Q: When is the Red Dot test going to start?
A: Now that I’m committed to the IDPA Nats, not until after September. If I’ve learned one thing though, it’s that I’m never going to give another definitive timeline for anything ever again on this blog, because they never seem to work out quite the way I’d planned. I’m very much looking forward to that test, but it won’t start until probably Q4 at the earliest.

Q: Are you still teaching classes?
A: Yes and no. I love teaching classes, but running a 1 or 2 day weekend class is very time consuming and thus not easy to work into the schedule always. However! We’re going to have some short 2 hour “high intensity” seminars that are designed to give a small group a high round count session AND some take home drills to train on themselves. I’ll have more info on the first one this week.

Q: Just how tall are you, anyway?
A: I’m 5’6.

Q: Of all the projects you’re working on, which are you the most excited about?
A: Honestly, the Road to Nationals really has me excited. I’m back to doing something I love in shooting revolvers, and with support from companies like Ruger and Blade-Tech, it’s really going to be awesome. Training for IDPA Nationals is also an awesome goal, because I’ve set myself up against a tough field of top revolver shooters. I am genuinely excited to be back with a revolver and look forward to this test.

That’s it for the mailbag – now that I’m all caught up, if you’d like to ask a question, head over to my facebook page and send me a message or post on my wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment